Jessica Chastain Is Getting Away From Traditional Women's Roles

credit : twitter

Little About Jessica Chastain

Jessica Chastain (born March 24, 1977) is an American actress and film producer. Born and raised in Sacramento County, California, Chastain early developed an interest in acting. In 1998 she gave her professional stage debut as Shakespeare's Julia. After her acting studies at the Juilliard School, she signed on a talent deal with television producer John Wells.

 She has been a returning guest star on several television shows, including Law & Order: Trial by Jury. She also took on roles in the stage productions of Anton Chekhov's play The Cherry Orchard (2004) and Oscar Wilde's tragedy Salome (2006).

She wants to help Hollywood "break free of stereotypes"
Jessica Chastain does not aspire to "traditional women's roles" as she wants to help Hollywood get rid of stereotypes. Jessica Chastain does not go into "traditional female roles".

The "Zero Dark Thirty" star prefers to choose different roles in Hollywood movies to "free stereotypes."

She said, "I'm not one who stands up for traditional female roles because I do not think traditional female characters are very interesting, and I do not think they represent real life, I work hard at understanding stereotypes free, the film industry has created and nurtured women.

"It's about whether the character is flesh and blood, a real human with his own desires, separate from a husband or boy, or love interest." I think the industry is starting to examine itself and how it has taken on female roles - many really interesting discussions, and I think that's changing. "

And the 40-year-old actress, who is married to Gian Luca Passi de Preposulo, thinks there is a "long way to go" before we reach a place of complete equality between men and women and between races.

She told Town and Country, "We have a long way to go in all industries, and if I am in the same situation as the other actor and my role is just as important, there is no reason. "Why should I be paid less? It's no longer part of my world because I just will not accept it. "

Meanwhile, Jessica previously urged Hollywood to be more "inclusive".

She said, "If you think of the industry, you know that you encourage people to stay closed ... to not show stories of women with their own agency and to have their own stories, and that they ignore many groups Land.

for me this is not an industry I really want to be a part of, I think it's about more than just gender, it's all about this industry ... I want to be part of an industry the most comprehensive, one that teaches empathy, and the only way you do that is to learn about someone who does not look like you. "

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.