Chart-topping rapper Kendrick Lamar has admitted he wants to see hip-hop music "evolve"

credit: instagram 


Kendrick Lamar wants to "develop" hip-hop music. Born in Compton, Star is one of the best-selling acts in modern rap music, but Kendrick believes the genre continues to push its limits while giving its forerunners a healthy respect.

Kendrick said, "I want hip-hop to evolve, so I can not avoid many artists who are not necessarily Kendrick Lamar.
"But I tell them every time I see them ... Be yourself and do what you do, but also know who laid the groundwork."
Kendrick claimed that respect for older, more established rap acts was the key to developing the genre.

He told Forbes magazine, "Do not go to your interviews and reject them and say you do not like them and you do not care about them.
"That's your opinion, it's cool, but you have to respect them, so when you talk about the people who inspired us, it would never be right, you're digging what I'm saying.

"So at the end of the day, as long as you are who you are, but respect what has brought us here, you will continue to develop." Kendrick called Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre as a big influence on his own career. The 30-year-old star said he felt he could relate to other artists who also came from Los Angeles.

Asked who inspired his own success, Kendrick said, "Since the early days, of course, a lot of West Coast music has been growing - Snoop, Dr. Dre, NWA, ice cubes, you know, when he did that solo thing, of course , Tupac, of course, Kurupt.

"I think what all these guys had in common for me, apart from the fact that they had the lifestyle of being in LA and they looked like the people I knew, were real things.

"Maybe I did not understand her as a kid, but the people around me understood her and I recognized the connection they had with it and I looked and I said, 'I want to have the same connection someday.'"

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.